Let's face it, we all sometimes have expectations, expectations on everything.
The food you are about to it and the taste, how a job interview will go, and what your child/children will be like!
Maybe you are expecting or want your child to be like you, great at school, be successful in this/that, do a certain sport, and soon you find out your son or daughter is not like you, does not want to play sport and is not great at school.
A reminder your child is not you, they are their own individual person, their own interests and their own goals. It's time to embrace your child for who they are!
Affirmation Cards and the power of affirmations can help your child accept who they are, embrace their special qualities, dig deep to know their individuality, give themselves the confidence and resilience they deserve and truly embrace their true, authentic selves!
“I think that the best thing we can do for our children is to allow them to do things for themselves, allow them to be strong, allow them to experience life on their own terms, allow them to take the subway... let them be better people, let them believe more in themselves.”
Children can think their parents or carers are perfect, they look up to you/us as role models and think we know everything! But, little do they know we are all working on ourselves, and are all trying to embrace ourselves for who we really are too! (Most of us, are yet to master this, and maybe that's why we don't allow our children to be who they really are, as we are trying to master this through them. BIG no, no!)
It's time for us as parents and carers to;
- Share our mistakes and past
- Practise what we preach
- Let our children experience things for themselves
- Take risks
- Minimise the times you rescue your child (EG; less assistance in hardships, allow them to give things ago with problem solving)
What else can we do to embrace our children for who they are;
- Introduce affirmation cards and practise them together, until they have formed a habit (Check out our other blog post on forming habits; https://lovefromme.com.au/blogs/blog/how-to-form-a-new-habit-for-your-child)
- Ask your children what they would like to do
- Allow them to attempt things, even if they may fail. And if they do, give words of encouragement
- Go into nature, go on adventures and experience things together!
- Fix things together, cook together (This will form a feeling of fulfilment and gratification)
- Discuss consequences, ask them what they think should be a consequence and see where they may fail to be disciplined
- Celebrate and acknowledge success, progress and doing things!
- Instead of enrolling them in a sport, or activity let them try many, then allow them to choose!
Let’s become more grateful, connected, mindful and positive. And raise the children of today, to be great positive leaders for tomorrow.
See the benefits for your children using our Children’s Positive Affirmation Cards.
Our Children Affirmation Cards can not only transform your child’s life, behaviour and mindfulness, however will also transform you, your home, your energy and your relationship with your child!
Purchase your deck today here.